March 14, 2005

Fire Poi!


Poi
Originally uploaded by DeHuman8.
I cannot wait to get back out & spin Poi. Today's nice weather is really teasing me with the knowledge that soon, the snow will be gone, and I'll be in the park trying desperately to set myself ablaze. All my arm & leg hair has grown back, with some extra for support, little does it know it only had an icy reprieve, and soon the flaming spheres shall reduce them to foul smelling ash once more! I miss everything about spinning, I think it's the only hobby I have that is so addictive & invigorating all at the same time. (World of Warcraft doesn't hold a candle to Fire spinning.) Much the way the Darwin awards are 'evolution in action' Poi is 'poetry in motion'. I love the way, when I'm trying something new, and it just isn't working, then for a brief wonderous moment....it flows. You can actually feel the moment that you hit a motion right. That single moment lets you know, that soon, the moment will become longer until the moment is spinning you as much as you are spinning it. It is truly amazing how lost you can get in the motion, and the roar of the fire as it passes by your ears. Spring is almost here and with it comes the summer's fire.

-De

P.S.the above image is from http://www.thevenue.org/ .

P.S.S. check out http://www.thevenue.org/firespinning_videos.htm for some great vidoes of what i some day hope to be able to do.

1 comment:

DeHuman8 said...

yeah, like a muscle memory, that just knows when something is 'right'