May 11, 2005

National Security Drill

So at the mall near where I work they did a ‘National Security Drill’. And I can see how protecting our nations malls is vital to national security. As we all know, above and beyond all others, the mall is the symbol of what it means to be american: low wages, little or no health insurance, food devoid of nutrition, price gouging, low quality goods, conformity to mediocrity, rent-a-cops & video games.
I for one feel more secure knowing that should WWIII commence my government will be protecting what I hold dear, the ability to shop for name brand goods. At last our government has taken heed of the lessons to be garnered from ‘the dawn of the dead’ movies. That malls are the only hope for american life to continue as we know it, a last bastion of our culture when it all goes to hell. I’m glad that they skipped past such things as schools, business centers, downtown areas, areas that no terrorist would pay attention to, since an assault on our malls is an assault on our way of life.
/sarcasm

seriously though, I could not be less concerned with terrorism.
But I think it’s funny that the first drill they do is to protect a mall. and who really thinks doing a drill in a mall is going to prepare them for something actually happening?
In an actual event some people who are trained can’t handle it, yet other ‘civilians’ jump into the frey to help out however they can.
For the drill they were pretending that a bomb threat was called in; when was the last time a bomb threat was called in, and a bomb actually there?
Come on people, a bomb scare is a big ass BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!
Followed by screaming, dust & blood.

This whole thing was staged more for the benefit for an ignorant public that thinks ‘hey they’re doing drills, they’re prepared to keep me safe!’

fuck that noise, as soon as you can explain how sears relates to national security I’ll buy it.

Grrr, I hate stupidity.

-De

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sears has power drills.
Power drills can give a sense of security.
If everyone had power drills, we would have national security.
Therefore, Sears needs to be able to sell power drills for our national security.

Simple.

I agree. They are fucking noise to keep us from realizing what is really happening in this country.