February 08, 2005

the shadow knows

OK, so two days after the Dresden Dolls (http://www.dresdendolls.com) show I realize that it was two short, there should be a law that they can play no less than 4-hour sets. Anyway, I drank too much, as was probably apparent to most of my pals, after the show I ended up licking Amanda Palmer’s hand, I don’t think it was my idea, but who can say? Part of the pre-requisite was that I removed my boozy saliva from her hand, I did that at least. But it seemed to lead to a really fucked up dream, and I’m going to relate that dream now, so for all who don’t give a rats ass what my fucked up head produces at night, you can tune out now. For the rest of you brave soldiers, the dream commences:
It started off out side of space (the Portland club, not the known universe) and I was chatting with Amanda Palmer, much like after the show, and I decided to show her a neat trick, you know, impress the stars. (I’m sure every person up on this sort of pedestal LOVES to be impressed with how cool their fan(atics) are.) Anyway, I’ve got this trick that I want to show, so I take off my jacket & flannel, so I’m just in a t-shirt. Then I roll up my forearm skin, much the way you would a long sleeve shirt. Leaving all sorts of cool arm innards exposed, no massive bleeding though. Then I proceed to peel off the skin on my left hand, much like the skin was nothing more than a rubber glove. I then proceeded to inflate my hand, again like a rubber glove, leaving some bloody finger prints on it, I then reach into my left wrist and pinch off a vein(or possibly an artery I can’t tell the difference from looking at my exposed forearm) and tie off the balloon. The hand balloon floats as if filled with helium, and is tethered to my forearm via my blood vessels. I repeat the process on my right hand, and give these morbid balloons to Amanda, and she starts to be pulled into the air, I let out about 15’ of veiny goodness. And then I reel her in. now that I’ve bored you enough with my night wanderings, I feel I can tell you all something, I’m bored.
-De

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that. :)

There were two people talking to her outside and she was about to go inside when you asked her stay outside for a second so you could say great show, or whatever you said.

I think you asked if you could do anything for her, and the woman next to you says, "We could lick your fingers."

You gave your usual shrug before you do something goofy and proceed to lick her fingers. I imagine they tasted pretty salty after playing the set. :)

Anyway, an interesting dream. Don't do it for real though, there will be actual blood loss. :)

DeHuman8 said...

nah, i think she had washed her hands

DeHuman8 said...

ummm, yep